M-F 10AM-4PM W 10AM-7PM SAT 1-4PM
2018 Membership Due December 30.
Renew via paypal at greensburgartcenter.org or send
35.00 Individual / $60 family / $25 Student / $35 Artist Market
Greensburg Art Center, 230 Todd School Rd, Greensburg, PA 15601
For Classes and current information —
Check our web tabs at greensburgartcenter.org
Like and follow us on FACEBOOK !
Last Minute Gifts Day Sunday, Dec. 17, from 2 – 4pm Art, Special Bargains, Refreshments and another opportunity to practice the fine art of holiday shopping.
GAC Members — Volunteers needed for both events. Please contact Cheryl Kirsch at email@example.com.
The Art of Gifting Exhibition — through December 22, 2017—Paintings, scarfs, jewelry, pottery, cards, books, and more. “Winter Wonderland”, featuring GAC members’ work is exhibited on the classroom walls.
PICK-UP all ART of GIFTing items and artwork
December 22 from 1 – 4 pm
and December 23 from 10 am – 4 pm.
GAC MEMBERS EXHIBIT
January 20, 2018
to download the prospectus
Don’t forget to RSVP for this wonderful tradition. SPACE IS LIMITED. And be sure and let the committee know what you’re bringing as your dish, if you haven’t already. There is a sign up sheet at the monitor’s desk in the gallery. You can also inform Alice O’Brien directly through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your response is crucial to a well run event. We appreciate your consideration in this
- Please include NUMBER OF PEOPLE COMING … I’m sure you’ll want a place to sit down!!!
- Please bring a non-perishable FOOD ITEMfor the Food Bank (no glass containers)
- Each member is also asked to bring a food item for the party (see below)
- JOIN US ! email@example.com or 412-558-0810.
- Oils with Jerry Scorpion-teens/adults, Saturdays 1-3 PM, sessions are on-going.
- Figure Drawing Session– December 21, 10AM-1PM. $10 Expand and challenge your drawing skills! Join with a small, but dedicated band of artists, as they draw the human form using any medium or approach! The sessions are held in a supportive and relaxed environment. Hope to see you there! Questions or suggestions? Call Carolyn Taylor at 724-600-0902.
- “Paint a Masterpiece,” with Nina Stalhberg, Thursdays 10 AM-1 PM. $18/session
- “Oil with Jackie Moreno,” Tuesdays 1:30-4:30 $14/session
- Tole-painting, Rose Hastings, Tuesdays, on-going, 6-9 PM
- The fall class schedule is coming to an end. Spring classes will begin in March. Anyone wishing to teach a class or workshop needs to submit a “class proposal form” by January 31. The schedule will be mailed out in February.
- Pam Cooper continues to offer Paint&Sip and birthday parties. Call 724-216-7512 to make arrangements.
- We are pleased to see an increase in interest in using the clay studio. In order to accommodate all interested members and prevent any conflicts among renters and future clay classes, ALL PARTIES must schedule their time on the calendar in the classroom and pay their rent at least 24 hours in advance . There will be no increase in the rental fee at this time, but Payment must be made at the time of scheduling. I will be reconciling these payments when I reconcile sales. Please have a monitor fill out a sales slip with your payment for my records.DARKROOM Rental—A DARKROOM is available for rental. The DARKROOM is designed properly for use with several enlargers and the necessary trays, sink, safe light, timers, etc. Chemicals and developing paper are NOT included in the rental cost. Bring your negatives or film and have fun developing! 10-1pm or 1-4pm for $5 $40- all week. INTERESTED? Call Shirleah Kelly 412-915-0301
Member’s News/Exhibitions/Exhibition Opportunities
- Kathleen Clark display for 3-4 months through March 2018. display of 10 paintings @ the Scottdale Library. From Nov. 28 on the library walls.
- Westmoreland Museum of American Art We are excited to announce the reprisal of our Pop-Up Exhibition program in the Robertshaw Gallery at The Westmoreland Museum of American Art. This is a great opportunity for contemporary artists to display their work in our prominent first-floor gallery. Please see the attached Pop-Up Exhibition Guidelines for more details on how to submit your exhibition proposal.
- “Picture This at the Library” is a joint venture between the Greensburg Art Center and the Greensburg-Hempfield Library. Please join us for this exciting venue at the library. The Art Center would like to extend gratitude and appreciation for the 2017 participants. If you are interested in becoming an exhibitor for the 2018 season, please contact Rosemary Sovyak at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-558-0810.
- LATROBE ART PERMANENT COLLECTION selections were made at the GLSD Trust Gala and I am happy to report that one of the paintings from our Invitational show was selected for inclusion – Bill DeBernardi’s “Cheesecake” painting. Wonderful news!
- The ART of GIFTing – Our new format for this exhibit got off to a fabulous start with a great attendance (despite many competing events throughout the region) as well as a very impressive total for sales revenue. Let’s keep up the good numbers by all of us doing our personal gift giving from the outstanding selection of merchandise in the Rowe Gallery and Classroom Gallery. Show the people you love how much you truly love them.
- DECEMBER 11 CHRISTMAS PARTY – Don’t forget to RSVP for this wonderful tradition. SPACE IS LIMITED. And be sure and let the committee know what you’re bringing as your dish, if you haven’t already. There is a sign up sheet at the monitor’s desk in the gallery. You can also inform Alice O’Brien directly through email at email@example.com. Your response is crucial to a well run event. We appreciate your consideration in this.
- ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF MEMBERSHIP– I want to give a big thanks to Alice O’Brien for chairing the GAC Christmas party this year. It’s a big undertaking and fortunately we have some loyal committee helpers like Pat Majcher, Mary Ann Calabrase, Shirleah Kelly, Rose Sovyak, Nancy Waitkus, and Sandy Stoner. I’m really looking forward to this time of fun and fellowship with all of you.
- A very special thanks to those who have made DONATIONS to our center – Betty Hammer, Carpe Diem Club, Karen Douglas, and Suzanne Plesha. Such generosity is greatly appreciated.
- AMAZON SMILE HOW CAN YOU HELP GAC BY LITERALLY JUST LIFTING A FINGER. It’s quite simple. When ordering anything from Amazon, just bookmark your search engine at https://smile.amazon.com, select Greensburg Art Club as your charity, and shop as you normally would. It’s literally money in the bank for GAC. Won’t you please do your part to help underwrite our wonderful GAC? ESPECIALLY NOW, AT THE HEIGHT OF THE SHOPPING SEASON, YOU CAN DO SO MUCH FOR THIS WONDERFUL CENTER THAT WE LOVE.
Donations — For all of you who love the Greensburg Art Center SHOW YOUR SUPPORT IN A MEANINGFUL WAY TO HELP US CONTINUE TO SERVE AS A TRUE COMMUNITY ART CENTER THROUGH YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THE CENTER…Download the Special Donor Form at http://www.greensburgartcenter.org/GAC/special-donors/or to donate via PayPal.
Monitor Schedule now on the web http://www.greensburgartcenter.org/GAC/ pulldown menu under “Welcome”.
ATTENTION: THE BLUE GARBAGE CAN IN THE KITCHEN IS FOR RECYCLING ONLY. IT SHOULD BE PUT OUT EVERY MONDAY. IT IS PICKED UP EVERY TUESDAY MORNING.
CORRESPONDENCES SECRETARY’S REQUEST If you know of someone from the membership in need of sympathy, a thank you, get-well card, etc., please contact Mary Ann Calabrase, GAC’s Correspondence Secretary. Her phone number is 724-834-7242
Monitor’s Rewards Program Check out our “Monitors’ Rewards Program” designed to thank our monitors and encourage new monitors to join us! If you have any questions about becoming a monitor, or about the new program, please contact Alice O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 724-864-0865.Monitor Schedule now on the web http://www.greensburgartcenter.org/GAC/ pulldown menu under “Welcome”.
Giclee Printer Rick Armstrong is a professional printer and photographer who does archival giclee prints.Rick Armstrong, 5142 Scenic Road, Murrysville, PA 15668 email@example.com Cell: 724-331-2724
Wanted: Used Jewelry Kiln 724-309-3552
CPR/AED Members interested in taking a CPR/AED class from Mutual Aid are asked to sign the sheet at the monitor’s desk. The cost of the class is $15 and will be scheduled when we have 13 to 15 participants. The AED device has been installed in the gallery.