70th Anniversary Collection

Greensburg Area Scenes
To order notecards, send your contribution of $12.50 
plus your name and address to: 
Greensburg Art Club, 230 Todd School Road, Greensburg, PA 15601

Greensburg Art Club’s fundraiser is our 70th Anniversary Collection , Greensburg Area Scenes Note Cards. For each $10 donation plus $2.50 postage and handling, you will receive one package of seven notecards. Each card is a full color reproduction of a different Greensburg, Pennsylvania scene:

Looking Down Grant Street Looking Down Grant StreetAcademy Hill derived its name from the academy which overlooked the early Greensburg settlement in 1811. This “Hill” scene depicts Grant Street sloping away from Maple Avenue. In times past, street crossings below this intersection were blocked in winter to allow sled riding. Today the Academy Hill Neighborhood Association works to preserve the area’s historical heritage. (Watercolor)Artist: Len Laurich
Warm welcome Warm Welcome… The beautiful Queen Anne style home at 402/404 North Main Street was built in 1890 by Samuel Porter Brown and continues to be owned by Brown descendants. Located in the Academy Hill area of Greensburg, its distinctive features include its multiple gables, round tower, steep roofs, and this welcoming doorway.  (Watercolor) Artist: Mary Luke
Historic Hanna's Town Historic Hanna’s Town … The house of Robert Hanna, in the 18th century settlement of Hanna’s Town, Westmoreland County, was designated the first courthouse west of the Allegheny Mountains. The destruction of this settlement in 1782, one of the last acts of the Revolutionary War, was the deciding factor in moving the county seat to Greensburg. 
(Watercolor) Artist: Susan Pollins
Festival! Festival! …The Westmoreland Arts and Heritage Festival, held annually during the July 4th weekend at Twin Lakes Park, rates in the top 100 festivals in the United States. Conceived by members of the Greensburg Art Club, it began on the Art Center grounds in 1975 as the Summer Arts Festival. This grand celebration attracts thousands of visitors each year. 
(Acrylic) Artist: Catherine Rosensteel
Kinderhook Kinderhook … Kinderhook, Greensburg’s historic district on South Maple Avenue, was once part of a commons which included an old German cemetery and a children’s playground. In 1929, local arts known as the “Kinderhook Group” met in this quaint neighborhood to paint still-life compositions. In 1933 this group, expanded in size and vision, became the Greensburg Art Club.
(Oil) Artist: Nina Stahlberg
Art Center Entrance Art Center Entrance … The Greensburg Art Club began as a small, dedicated gathering of painters known as the “Kinderhook Group” in 1929. Professional artist Alex Fletcher was the organization’s mentor and first president. The group’s purpose, to promote knowledge and understanding of the fine arts, continues today at the Alex Fletcher Memorial Art Center on Todd School Road.  (Watercolor) Artist: Dolly Lynch
Pea Soup Pea Soup …Well-known to the ancient Romans, dried peas have been a staple food for untold centuries. This colorful still-life, inspired by the shelves of Delallo’s Italian Food Market on Route 30 West, symbolizes the abundant heritage of the many Italian families who have made Greensburg their home.
(Watercolor) Artist: Peg Panasiti


Photographer for the Greensburg Art Club Note Card Projects was Richard McWherter.

For information on exhibits, purchasing art works or notecards, please call the Art Center at 724.837.6791 or email the Greensburg Art Center.